Encouraging children to discover and develop a healthy relationship with the food they eat. Through the program, students learn about nutrition, seasonality, life cycles, plant anatomy, composting, division, weight, and ultimately connect with their food and the environment in a more relevant way.
Ingredients of the Edible Schoolyard:
- Hands on learning experience in the kitchen and garden
- Collaboration and cooperation
- Personal awareness of where food comes from
- Nutrition education
- Seasonality of fresh produce
- Check our school calendar for upcoming family cooking classes.