Our blended learning program uses a variety of learning environments and experiences to explain and reinforce key concepts from the academic curriculum. Students tackle concepts with their teachers in the classroom, experience them first-hand in the edible schoolyard and kitchen classroom, and work independently, at their own pace, to solidify, and reinforce ideas using the latest technology in the school’s Learning Lab.
What makes us unique?
- Enhancing classroom instruction by transforming traditional “top down” teaching into a truly interactive, personalized learning experience.
- Ongoing monitoring and information from the learning lab helps to drive instruction in the classroom, allowing teachers to better support students’ needs.
- Daily use of the latest educational software and online programs provide students with an understanding and appreciation of technology – skills that they will need to be successful in the 21st century.
- Independent study in the Learning Lab empowers students to make decisions, take ownership of their own learning, and gain confidence in their choices.
- Teachers focus on specific subject areas including math, humanities, or English language arts, allowing them to develop a deeper content experience, and offering students the opportunity to develop meaningful relationships with multiple adults.
- Collaboration and coordination between classroom teachers, Learning Lab staff, and edible schoolyard and kitchen classroom educators, provide students with additional learning at their level in a variety of different ways.